Manufacturing efficiency funding
The NSW Government is offering over $16 million in funding to support projects that help manufacturing businesses save energy and money. For example, you could:
- upgrade energy monitoring systems
- replace or retrofit old, inefficient equipment
- install new energy efficient equipment
- improve manufacturing processes.
Round 1 funding is closed
Register your interest to be notified when the next funding round opens later this year.
Read on to see how expert help can get you project ready.
How to participate
Any business with a manufacturing site in NSW can apply, as long as it:
- has an ABN and is registered for GST
- undertakes manufacturing activities (according to the Manufacturing Division of ANZSIC 2006) or cotton ginning.
Information on how to apply for future funding rounds will be available here when it re-opens.
Do you need assistance?
Our energy project coaching can help you identify ways to save through subsidised one-on-one expert support from our panel of energy advisors. This is designed to improve the way you manage energy and to get you ready for the next funding round. With up to $4000 (conditions apply) of support for only $400, we can:
- scope your energy efficiency project
- get your project ready for the Manufacturing Efficiency Funding application
- develop your energy efficiency project business case.
Interested in managing your energy more strategically?
See how your business is performing and identify energy priorities. Learn more with our interactive energy management training and webinars.
If you are in manufacturing, agriculture or mining, register below to ask about our free benchmarking assessments.
How to receive payment for current funding participants
Have you already received a Manufacturing Efficiency Funding contract, implemented your project, and are now seeking payment? Complete and submit the relevant forms below. For Offer 1 and Offer 2b, you’ll need to complete Part A of the Measurement and verification plan and report as your first milestone. Complete Part B once you’ve implemented your project.
- Metering commissioning report (DOCX 4.4MB)
- Equipment commissioning report (DOCX 4.4MB)
- Measurement and verification plan and report (DOCX 2.7MB)
- Measurement and verification data register (XLSX 146KB)
Need a hand? Read the Manufacturing Efficiency Funding Guide (PDF 217KB), frequently asked questions (PDF 112KB) or manufacturing [at] energysaver.nsw.gov.au (contact us).
Businesses that have implemented similar projects have found savings can be more than $100,000 a year while reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
Stay in the loop
Add your details to be contacted and receive updates on the funding offer and other Energy Saver news.
The information you provide in this form will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected. By submitting, you consent to storage, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with our privacy statement.