Co-funding for manufacturers
Are you a business wanting to be more energy efficient?
The NSW government will co-fund your upgrades.
Round 1 closed
Have you already got a project with us? Find all round 1 information here.
New round 2
Under our new round 2 funding, you can apply for one of these offers:
- Metering and process optimisation
- Equipment upgrades
You can apply now. Applications close 5pm AEST on 10 August 2020.
1. Metering and process optimisation
Get up to $50,000 per site to install or upgrade energy metering and monitoring systems.
We will only fund projects that are linked to process optimisation.
For example, you could:
- install metering and use data analysis to identify faulty equipment
- install sensors and controls to improve combustion efficiency
- fine-tune equipment so it operates more efficiently.
2. Equipment upgrades
Apply for up to $70,000 per site to install or upgrade to more energy efficient equipment.
For example, you could:
- upgrade your boiler or chiller
- modify your compressed air system
- switch fuels or electrify equipment
- install a heat recovery unit.
To qualify you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- undertake manufacturing activities at a site in NSW.
How to apply
Step 1: Download the Manufacturing Efficiency Funding Guide (PDF 241kB).
Step 2: Complete the online application form:
We recommend that you use Google Chrome.
Step 3: Get a reference number and wait for your application to be assessed. All applications will be assessed once the funding round has closed.
Step 4: If you’re successful, sign the contract and implement the project. View the Sample funding contract (PDF 43kB).
Step 5: Once you have implemented your project, complete the relevant reporting documentation:
- Metering commissioning report (DOCX 4.7MB)
- Equipment commissioning report (DOCX 4.7MB)
- Measurement and verification plan and report (DOCX 3MB)
- Measurement and verification data register (XLSX 154kB)
Please contact us at manufacturing [at] energysaver.nsw.gov.au if you have any questions.
Do you need help scoping your project?
A subsidised energy coach will help your business manage energy costs and apply for funding.
Learn more about the offer and how to apply.
Round 1 has closed
This offer ran from 22 February 2019 to 31 July 2019.
Ninety manufacturing businesses are now doing projects after being awarded $4.2 million.
I am a current funding participant and want to get paid.
If you have received a funding contract, implemented your project, and are now seeking payment, you will need to fill out some forms.
All applicants need to complete forms 1 and 2.
For those who took up Offer 1 and Offer 2b, you will need to complete forms 1 to 4. Refer to your funding contract.
- Metering commissioning report (DOCX 4.4MB)
- Equipment commissioning report (DOCX 4.4MB)
- Measurement and verification plan and report (DOCX 2.7MB)
- Measurement and verification data register (XLSX 146kB)
Need a hand?
manufacturing [at] energysaver.nsw.gov.au (Contact us).
Page last updated on 18 June 2020