Appliance replacement offer
Get a discount when you upgrade your old television or fridge to a new energy efficient model.
You can get:
- 40 per cent off the cost of a fridge
- 50 per cent off the cost of a television.
The offer applies to selected models only.
To replace your fridge, you must own a fridge that is at least ten years old.
To replace your television, you must own a plasma or cathode ray tube (CRT) television. LCD\LED TV models are not eligible for replacement through the offer.
You must be a NSW resident, over the age of 18 years and hold one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Health Care Card or Low-Income Health Care Card from Centrelink
- Veterans' Affairs Gold Card
You are not eligible if you hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
You must have old appliances to replace. Do not apply otherwise.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria, you may still be able to access the offer. Please visit our frequently asked questions page for further information.
How to apply
Apply online. Make sure you have a digital copy or photo of your valid concession card or ID.
You will need to upload a copy when you apply.
Your application will be processed within three business days.
If your application is approved, you will receive instructions on how to buy your appliance. If it is not approved, we will let you know why.
Approved applications are valid for six weeks from the date of issue. You will need to apply again if you do not order your appliances in this time frame. You can do this by visiting appliance.environment.nsw.gov.au or calling The Good Guys on 1300 601 795.
If you would like to apply for a replacement appliance, please follow the link below. It will take around 10 minutes to complete.
Choosing your appliance
Browse the fridge and television models available under this offer.
The appliances have been chosen based on their energy star rating, affordability and availability. Remember, you can only choose appliances on this list. We do not make exceptions.
The television size is limited to 43 inches. Large ones consume more energy.
You can also view the appliances in-store.
Check The Good Guys store locator or call 1300 601 795 to find your closest one.
Call before you visit to make sure your preferred models are there.
Order your appliance online if you have been approved.
If you do not wish to order your appliance online, please call The Good Guys on 1300 601 795. They can take your order over the phone.
After choosing your product(s), The Good Guys send an email confirming your order. Please allow up to three business days processing time.
You will then receive a sales order confirming:
- the total appliance and delivery cost
- payment details
- the store to which your order has been allocated.
The Good Guys will notify you via SMS / email when your order is ready. You will be asked:
- to pay
- to call your allocated store to arrange for your appliance(s) to be delivered.
The Good Guys will deliver your appliance(s). Delivery is a mandatory part of the offer. This is so your old appliance can be removed for recycling when the new appliance is delivered.
You will be charged a delivery fee. It is discounted as part of the offer. The fee is based on how far your home is from the nearest The Good Guys store:
|Kilometres from store||0-50||51-100||100+|
|Standard delivery fee||$50||$90||$170|
The following conditions apply to this offer:
- The program permits the purchase of a maximum of one fridge and one television per household.
- Television delivery does not include channel tuning, connecting the television to other devices or wall mounting.
- The discounts are being funded by the NSW Government and are subject to Government funding and Department of Planning Industry and Environment approval.
- Applying online or purchasing an appliance through the offer does not form a contract between you and The Department of Planning Industry and Environment.
- The Good Guys will deliver your fridge or television.
If you have a question about the appliance replacement offer, please visit our frequently asked questions page.
Fridges and televisions have been chosen for this offer because significant energy savings can be made by replacing old, inefficient models.
The amount you can save varies. On average:
- Replacing an old, inefficient fridge can save between $100 and $200 per year on your energy bills.
- Replacing a plasma or cathode ray tube (CRT) television with an LCD television can save between $50 and $125 per year on your energy bills.
Page last updated on 8 October 2020