Appliance replacement offer
Reducing your energy bills can be as simple as using appliances with high star ratings.
The appliance replacement offer makes it easier for you to upgrade your old fridge or television to a new, more efficient model.
What's on offer?
For eligible residents of NSW, we are offering discounts on new energy efficient fridges and televisions.
When you replace your old, inefficient model, you can receive:
- 40% off the cost of a fridge
- 50% off the cost of a television
The offer applies to selected fridge and television models.
How will this help your household?
Fridges and televisions have been chosen for this offer because significant energy savings can be made by replacing old, inefficient models.
The amount you can save on your energy bill varies. On average:
- Replacing an old, inefficient fridge can save between $100 and $200 per year on your energy bills.
- Replacing a plasma or cathode ray tube (CRT) television with an LCD television can save between $50 and $125 per year on your energy bills.
To replace your fridge, your current fridge must be at least 6 years old.
To replace your television, you must own a plasma or cathode ray tube (CRT) television.
To receive this offer you must be a NSW resident and hold one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Health Care Card or Low Income Health Care Card from Centrelink
- Veterans' Affairs Gold Card
A Commonwealth Seniors Health Card is not sufficient eligibility for this offer. You will need to hold one of the above cards.
If you do not meet the criteria above, you may be able to access the offer through a participating community service organisation. Please contact a community service organisation directly to discuss your application.
You can apply online for the appliance replacement offer. If your application is successful, you'll receive instructions on how to buy your appliance through The Good Guys.
Make sure you have your valid concession card with you when you apply.
Choosing an appliance
You can browse available fridge and television models online.
The appliances that are available have been chosen based on their energy star rating, affordability, and quality. Television size is limited to 42 inches, because larger TVs generally consume more energy than smaller models.
You can view the appliance you're interested in, in store, before you buy. The Good Guys have 29 stores across NSW. You can find your nearest store by using The Good Guys store locator, or calling 1300 601 795. Call The Good Guys before you visit, to make sure your preferred models are in store.
Receiving your fridge or television
Your fridge or television will be delivered by The Good Guys.
The delivery fee will be discounted as part of the offer. The fee is based on how far your home is from the nearest The Good Guys store:
|Kilometres from store||0-50||51-100||100+|
The delivery driver will remove your old fridge or television when they drop off the new replacement. They will take away up to two existing appliances. For example, if you buy a fridge, you can have up to two fridges removed.
The following conditions apply to this offer:
- The program permits the purchase of a maximum of one fridge and one television per household.
- Television delivery does not include channel tuning, connecting the television to other devices or wall mounting.
- The discounts are being funded by the NSW Government and are subject to Government funding and OEH approval.
- Applying online does not form a contract between you and OEH.