Solar battery systems
The NSW Home Solar Battery Guide
The NSW Home Solar Battery Guide helps households interested in buying a battery system. It covers:
- understanding your energy use
- how a home power station works
- planning for a battery – technologies, sizing and backup power
- will a battery save me money?
- buying a solar battery – what to look out for
- using a solar battery – and where to go when things go wrong
- Frequently asked questions, a glossary and where to find more information.
Download the complete NSW Home Solar Battery Guide here (PDF 7.8MB).
If you have any questions, please contact us at sustainable.energy [at] planning.nsw.gov.au
Get a quick overview of the NSW Home Solar Battery Guide with these five handy fact sheets:
- About home solar batteries
- Will a home solar battery save you money?
- About offgrid home solar battery systems
- Choosing a home solar battery
- Take control of your energy use
A solar battery system needs to be tailored to your home’s energy usage, the size of your rooftop solar system, and when and how you use electricity. These practical examples will help you understand the type of system, size and costs you should expect for your situation.
- Isabella wants to find simple ways to reduce her energy bill
- Wei wants to rely less on the grid and provide grid support
- Scott wants to become more self-sufficient and have backup power for his home office
- Ali wants to reduce his carbon footprint and be an early adopter of new technology
- Leyla wants to get electricity to her offgrid farm house.
Page last updated on 14 May 2020