Solar battery systems
The NSW Home Solar Battery Guide
The NSW Home Solar Battery Guide helps households that are interested in buying a battery system. It covers:
- understanding your energy use
- how a home power station works
- designing a home power station – technologies, sizing and backup power
- will a battery save me money?
- buying a solar battery – what to look out for
- using a solar battery – and where to go when things go wrong
- FAQs, Glossary and where to find more information.
Download the complete NSW Home Solar Battery Guide here (PDF 2.3MB).
If you have any questions, please contact us at sustainable.energy [at] planning.nsw.gov.au
Get a quick overview of the NSW Home Solar Battery Guide with these five handy fact sheets:
- How do home solar batteries work?
- Will a home solar battery save you money?
- Should I go off grid for my electricity?
- Choosing a home solar battery
- Ways you can control your energy use
A solar battery system needs to be tailored to your home’s energy usage, the size of your rooftop solar system, and when and how you use electricity. These practical examples will help you gauge the type of system, size and costs you should expect for your situation.
- Isabella wants to find the simplest way to reduce her household electricity costs
- Wei wants to go totally off-grid for his electricity supply
- Scott wants to use solar and batteries to keep the electricity on during blackouts
- Ali wants to reduce his carbon footprint and live a more sustainable lifestyle
- Leyla wants to get electricity to her offgrid farm house
Page last updated on 8 April 2019