Solar for low income households
We are trialling a new way of helping people on low incomes reduce their electricity bills by installing 3 kilowatt solar systems on their homes.
Who is eligible?
This trial is only available to up to 3000 low-income households in selected NSW regions.
To be eligible you need to meet the criteria, this includes:
- currently getting the Low Income Household Rebate
- agreeing not to get the rebate for ten years
- hold a valid Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card
- own your house
- not already have a solar PV system
- not live in a retirement village or strata building
- live in one of the following regions:
o Central Coast
o North Coast
o Sydney – South
o Illawarra – Shoalhaven
o South Coast
- You apply online.
- We pass your details to the solar installer.
- The solar installer gets in touch to assess your house.
- The solar installer organises your contract and installation.
- Your solar system is set up and you’re moved off the rebate.
You must read the program guide before applying. It has important information about the eligibility criteria and your role and responsibilities in the program. It will help you decide if installing solar is the right choice for you.
How to apply
- Select the ‘apply here’ button (google chrome preferred browser).
- Sign up with your email address and create a password.
- Answer the questions to check your eligibility.
Solar installer information
The installers for the five regions are:
|North Coast||SAE Group||6638 9439|
|Central Coast||Origin Energy||1300 791 468|
|Sydney – South||Origin Energy||1300 791 468|
|Illawarra – Shoalhaven||Origin Energy||1300 791 468|
|South Coast||SolarHub||4488 4220|
The three installers are responsible for supplying and installing the solar systems.
No other companies have been authorised to carry out installations as part of this program.
If you have any further questions about this program, you can:
- see our frequently asked questions (PDF 101KB)
- contact a specialist at Service NSW on 13 77 88
- contact the program team by filling out this form.
Thanks for contacting us.
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment will keep your personal information for the sole purpose of emailing you updates about the Solar for Low Income Households trial.